Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here experience problems with accessory belt tensioners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here experience problems with accessory belt tensioners?

I just got done replacing the timing belt on my car, and when I went to tension the new belts for the AC/Alternator/PS, I noticed that every single one of them was at least partially broken. Either the gear was missing teeth or the rack of teeth was worn or destroyed. Is this common? I'm having trouble getting proper tension on the new belts and am wondering how the hell they had proper tension before! After a job like this, I really don't feel like going and replacing all these other broken parts...

ive destroyed the teeth on one of my adjustment brackets no big deal just buy new ones
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

That's a common problem and usually results from someone trying to tension/de-tension a belt without first loosening the pivot bolts. The parts (star wheel and rack arm) are readily available and not expensive. While they make life easier, they aren't essential. The PS pump, alternator or A/C compressor belts can be tensioned "old school style" with a prybar.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I replaced every damn one on my car. PO had mush in his head, apparently.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X