Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is ****** up!

Hey guys!

Took my car out for the summer not too long ago and im having some minor problems. Last year I experienced my idles rev up at down from 300rpm to about 1000rpm at times. Since I took it out this year it is not to bad at this idle thing, but it is starting to do something else.

Ill be driving and my gas pedal just stops working! The gas doesnt work and my rpms drop. I clutch in and floor the gas but nothing happens! So I keep downshifting till im stopped and floor the shit out of the gas. Nothing happens for a couple of seconds until all of a sudden my car revs. I am kind of pissed at this point and then drop the clutch at like 5000rpms. Car goes fine for a bit and might do it again. I have to do the same thing when it happens. Some times when the gas doesnt work and i keep downshifting, the car stalls when it is stopped.

Help someone please!!! Can it be my idler or something. Its driving me crazy thx!!!
    Vocino
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...o/MyCar051.jpg

I would start by checking the throttle body. It should open smoothly and linearly (sp?) as you puch the gas pedal.

Also, pull your ICV and hose it out with brake or carb cleaner, re-install. Maybe do it to your TB as well.

Comment

id have to say its time to do that fuelfilter buddy. thats it in a nut shell.

car eft alone for a year = dirt sucked up by a pre-pump = clogged filter = fucked up ide and acceleration.

you see, now that its clogged it takes time for pressure to build up in the fuel rail. thats y it hessitates for a min.

Comment

do you think it will go away after time?
        Vocino
        http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...o/MyCar051.jpg

Comment

Not unless you do something about it, it will only get worse.

Comment

Working...
          X