Engine rotates but wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine rotates but wont start

sombody please help! The timing belt stripped on my 1985 BMW 325e. I went through just about everything. Its got a rebuilt head, new water pump,spark plugs,thermostat,belts,seals,and rod bearings. when I tried to start it for the 1st time after I got everything back together, somehow one of my crank sensors got all smashed up by the flywheel making the aluminum shell come off of the sensor and jammed in the hole. I tried my best to get most of it out but with all of my failed atempts to remove the remainder of the shell it became just about smooth with the hole surface. I was able to force another sensor into the hole. I am now getting spark from my plugs. So I got spark and the fuel pumps pumping and the injectors are spraying. I checked my timing and valve adjustment. The enjine rotates but wil not even try to turn over. I got compression on all six too! What could be wrong?

So let me get this straight
    1) You have spark in all cylinders
    2) You have fuel spraying into all cylinders
    And you still don't get any fire?
    That leaves:
    3) Air to the cylinders

If you are positive you are getting spark and fuel, then you must not be getting any air. I would think this would be virtually impossible to not have enough air in there to get some fire.

The other possibility that jumps to mind is that you have your spark plug wires all mixed up so you are getting spark, but not in the right cylinder at the right time.
    1987 E30 325is
    1999 E46 323i
    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Working...
    X