Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assistance needed after valve adjustment (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance needed after valve adjustment (again)

Well..I'm supposed to take my car for inspection tomorrow and figured that I'd try and tackle the noisy valves again...so of course I go to town...after I think I'm done, I find that the car is experiencing a funny idle...by funny I mean it will start run...and then slowly die out...I thought maybe I completely hosed the valves and have gone at them 4 times tonight. Now I will say that I did make a BOO BOO...I was turning the crank counterclockwise until my brain realized the mistake. Can anyone help shed some light on this as I'm trying to take this baby in tomorrow?

Oh...I did drive her around and once moving she seems fine, but under regular idle I'm not sure. Nothing else was touched other than pulling the plugs and adjusting the valves...much appreciated.

You might have an intake leak. In particular, the hose that connects to the valve cover could be cracked or loose as a result of the valve adjustment. Turning this engine backwards should not have caused any harm.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

thanks Jlevie..I'll double check that...seems like it might be the only thing...the car did pass inspection today minus having the wrong insurance card with me...so I gotta go back.

Comment

Working...
      X