Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i just picked up a set of 24# injectors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i just picked up a set of 24# injectors.

will these work with the m30 afm swap?
    Originally posted by Ferdinand
    I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Yes they will work but they are a little larger than needed. You will be running a tad rich. The best thing to do to take advantage of those size injectors is to find someone that can program you a chip that is tuned to support and take advantage of the 24lb injectors.

Where did you get the injectors from? What motor? S50?

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

i got them out of a lincoln. i plan on getting a custom chip from MarkD if he is still selling them. but i am only a few parts away from completing my e/i hybrid. still need my m30 afm, i wiring harness, ie stage springs(to raise my car so i dont fuck up my new exhaust), head work done spare e intake manifold, and the litle thing that holds the crank position sensor to the block. and wide band o2 sensor.
      and im in california as well do you think ill have problems passing emissions?
      I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

Comment

you will most likely have problems with emission. Most custom motors have problems with emissions.
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikegar View Post
          i still need my m30 afm, i wiring harness, ie stage springs(to raise my car so i dont fuck up my new exhaust), head work done spare e intake manifold, and the litle thing that holds the crank position sensor to the block. and wide band o2 sensor.
          and im in california as well do you think ill have problems passing emissions?
          There were a set of 24# on a V6 mustang at the junk yard but I bought my 19# design III's on ebay for $65. I found a 027 AFM at the junk yard. I can go and look for another one. There is also a 320i about to be turned into scrap that has a harness, The motor is almost complete. PM me if you want me to pull them.
          Originally posted by Nicademus
          My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb View Post
            There were a set of 24# on a V6 mustang at the junk yard but I bought my 19# design III's on ebay for $65. I found a 027 AFM at the junk yard. I can go and look for another one. There is also a 320i about to be turned into scrap that has a harness, The motor is almost complete. PM me if you want me to pull them.

you will have some trouble with the design IIIs. They are a completely different design than what the E30 originally came with

Comment

arent design III the skiny orange ones?

Comment

Originally posted by mikegar View Post
                arent design III the skiny orange ones?
                mine are the skinny yellow ones. It runs a little rough at idle but not bad. I hear that some people have trouble with the design 3's but no one ever says what trouble they have. I am curious so that I know what to look for.
                Originally posted by Nicademus
                My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb View Post
                  mine are the skinny yellow ones. It runs a little rough at idle but not bad. I hear that some people have trouble with the design 3's but no one ever says what trouble they have. I am curious so that I know what to look for.
                  design IIs= fat bosch injector

design IIIs= skinny bosch injector

The design IIs cam on earlier cars like pre 1999. And in 2000 most companies started to use the design IIIs. Ive found that design IIIs are better for cars that have Throttle By Wire. For some reason the precision of the Throttle By Wire, aids in a correct idle. When the design IIIs are introduced into a car with a Throttle By Cable designed car, it seems to choke the motor a bit at idle.

Not to mention the early BMWs never had design IIIs in them so it seems a bit unnessesary to install them later.

Just stick with design IIs and you will be fine.

Taylor

Comment

Working...
                  X