tips for power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips for power

new bimmer, new in the forum, absolut ignorant, 5000 miles away, amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

best 10 cheap tips to improve power on a standard 1982 323 ia m20?
    Attached Files

put in an m50 if you're lucky it'll cost you under a grand and time wasted on your engine. jgood just did his for 200bucks or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by chileelky View Post
      new bimmer, new in the forum, absolut ignorant, 5000 miles away, amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

best 10 cheap tips to improve power on a standard 1982 323 ia m20?
      If you have cats, remove them.

The M20B23 isn't very powerful as far as M20s go. You're better off making sure the rest of the car is sorted. Lighten it, get good suspension, and keep the engine in good condition.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
        put in an m50 if you're lucky it'll cost you under a grand and time wasted on your engine. jgood just did his for 200bucks or something like that
        actually, I dont know what a m50 is (ok, engine, but ¿which cars/years had it, bolt on to my gearbox, electrically plug & play, gain & losses from actual, etc? Not too many used engines down here to chose....

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        If you have cats, remove them.
        The M20B23 isn't very powerful as far as M20s go. You're better off making sure the rest of the car is sorted. Lighten it, get good suspension, and keep the engine in good condition.
        No cats. Will start on update suspension, brakes, bushes, etc. but already thinking about engine

Thanks Tonytony, Kronus

Comment

Slap some turbs

Comment

Order a chip, see if Mark D makes one or will make one.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

i didn't realize where you're from, m50 is from a 92-95 e36 3series or from a 91-95 525i. Not quite plug and play but if you take a little bit of time and do your own wiring everything else is easy. check out the 24v thread
              [img][/img]

Comment

Appreciating the given answers, but before engine swaps, slapping turbs, changing chips, cams, heads, headers, etc...............
                there`s got to be something to do, plain old tune up to get the best out of this engine.
                Help this aficionado in his way to eat some rice :up:

Comment

Originally posted by chileelky View Post
                  there`s got to be something to do, plain old tune up to get the best out of this engine.
                  Help this aficionado in his way to eat some rice :up:
                  You are right., a plain old tuneup will help you X10, but if you really want to burn some rice the only option for you my friend, is an engine swap., like Tonytony mentioned.
                  If you just restore this car, you will appreciate all the little details you do to it. I really enjoy my cruiser, not really crazy about speeding or spending tons of money on an allready expensive 20year old car, but if tracking is what you are looking for more power to you brother, good luck!
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

get a high-compression eta short block

stroker time!
                    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Working...
                    X