Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with parts list (cam is ground down and head gasket leaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with parts list (cam is ground down and head gasket leaks)

I had the valves adjusted and my mechanic told me the cam lobes are worn down, guessing from running engine with low oil. Also I have a small oil leak from the head gasket.

Wondering if anyone could help me with a complete list of parts I would need and what else I should have him replace while hes ripping the motor apart. Car is a 1985 320E Euro spec. Not looking to go much over $1000 dollars in parts if I can help it. Less is better.

Im stationed in Germany and my mechanic knows a little english but its very difficult to go over parts list and so forth with him being I dont know german quite yet. Also with the Dollar gaining its getting much nicer. Really sucks when 100Euro is $162 dollars like it was when I first got here in March.

Thanks in advance for the help.

If the cam is worn, the likely culprit is a clogged spray bar.

Tiny little holes spray oil on the cam. Any clog (debris, carbon, whatever) will kill a cam in short order.

Find an M20B23 or 25...swap dat bitch.

Oh yeah, welcome to R3V.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      If the cam is worn, the likely culprit is a clogged spray bar.

Tiny little holes spray oil on the cam. Any clog (debris, carbon, whatever) will kill a cam in short order.

Find an M20B23 or 25...swap dat bitch.

Oh yeah, welcome to R3V.

Luke
      And how much will that run? Hard to find shit in Germany when I dont speak German and most Germans dont want to speak English.

Comment

Originally posted by pwrhungry View Post
        And how much will that run? Hard to find shit in Germany when I dont speak German and most Germans dont want to speak English.
        Wait, what? how would I know German prices?

Get hold of some german waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, make her do your negotiations.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          Wait, what? how would I know German prices?

Get hold of some german waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, make her do your negotiations.
          I do have a PO box to get it from the states. Engine parts should be the same for a euro spec bmw.

Comment

Originally posted by pwrhungry View Post
            Hmmm, odd. I had a hard time finding a German who didn't speak English.
            Shipping will kill you anyway. It would be best to find a local supplier for most of that stuff.
            1987 E30 325is
            1999 E46 323i
            RIP 1994 E32 740iL
            oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
              Hmmm, odd. I had a hard time finding a German who didn't speak English.
              Shipping will kill you anyway. It would be best to find a local supplier for most of that stuff.
              Im in Northern Germany by Aachen. You have alot more luck finding english speaking Germans down south by Ramstein and Spangdalm as there is the largest population of Americans outside of the US.

But either way that still dont help me with what all parts I need and should replace while im down to the head gasket. Also not sure if you are aware that germans pay 19% stales tax.

Comment

Dude where are you at? I might just have the perfect engine for you as soon as I get this parts car. I was hesitant to get this car cause i didn't want the 2.5L to sit outside all winter. The car runs just bad body
                The car is a 325i
                Last edited by Kingb; 11-11-2008, 11:22 AM.
                Originally posted by Nicademus
                My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb View Post
                  Dude where are you at? I might just have the perfect engine for you as soon as I get this parts car. I was hesitant to get this car cause i didn't want the 2.5L to sit outside all winter. The car runs just bad body
                  The car is a 325i
                  Geilenkirchen AB. Its near Heinsburg if that helps you atl all.

Comment

You are near Essen. It is about 3.5 hours according to Mapquest. If you want we can try and work something out. You might be my deciding factor on getting this car though since I don't want to waste the engine.

Comment

Ok so I am picking up this car tomorrow. let me know if you want it. Cheap if you come pick it up

Comment

Working...
                      X