Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!when car warm's up it it idles chopy and bogs down when you give it gas sometims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!when car warm's up it it idles chopy and bogs down when you give it gas sometims

it starts fine but then the rpm's drop and it kind of idles up and down...when you put it in drive, it gose into gear fine but sometimes when you give it gas it starts to bog down real quick but if you let off rael fast it dos'nt die..ayone have any ideas..i need help

Start by cleaning (or replacing the ICV) and carefully check every hose that connects to the intake for crack or a loose connection.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Could be a variety of things. But as suggested check the idle control valve and look for any vacuum leaks. Check the two hoses on the right side of the throttle body and make sure they are secured. Check for any bad grounds, clean and check the connection of the plug from of the air flow meter.
      Originally posted by ebelements
      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

ever find out what it was?
        check your cps and you cts.. they could be toast or giving wrong readings..

my car is currently doin the same thing adn i need help finding out whats the cause.

Comment

Working...
        X