Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use E28 535i injectors on an M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use E28 535i injectors on an M20?

didn't know if you could or not so i thought I would ask...

Thanks

Have you done work that results in a significant increase in engine mass flow (cams, port & polish)? If not there's nothing to be gained from larger injectors.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

alot of people seem to be using larger injectors with a chip and happy with the results,
      I was thinking chip, M30 AFM and larger injectors just to pick up a few poneys...
      is this thinking wrong?

Comment

It might be worthwhile with the M30 AFM and a free flow exhaust. The clue as to larger injectors being needed would be to see if the engine is leaning out at the high end during dyno pulls, with normal fuel pressure and a good O2 sensor.

Comment

they should work but may not be much of a improvement, with a I the FOTD5B design II #19 bosch injectors infesting ebay are a decent mod for their better spray pattern and not being oldass worn out stock injectors, but you won't fool the computer and inject any more fuel, it'll cut back on the pulse width (as can be seen on the obc by the mpg reading, no you are not getting 35+ mpg in a 325i) (upping the fuel pressure won't work either, the o2 sensor reads rich and the computer adjusts till it can't go any more and starts throwing o2 sensor error codes) i have not tried them on a E but id make sure that a E computer will handle then as E's can be picky about injectors, don't try to replace low impediance injectors with high without researching if it will work for your exact year and part# injector, i have gotten a few E's in the shop that ran like ass or not at all because someone screwed with the injectors and stuck in the wrong ones

Comment

What it I have no O2 sensor? My car just came without it. It's a eta-based 2,7 stroker. I have freeflow exhaust, bigger valves, alpina C2 chip. The "top" of the engine comes from 325i.

My fuel consuption is a bit bigger than other 2,7 strokers' I know of (from around), but the performance is better too.

So maybe in my case M30 AFM + M30 injectors are what I need?
            Huh?

Comment

Put the car on a dyno and see what the A/F ratio looks like over the rpm band. That's the only way to tell what is actually going on.

Comment

Working...
              X