Ireland Engineering Aluminum Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Engineering Aluminum Radiator

Is anybody familiar with IE's aluminum radiator, specifically on m20 late models? I am pretty sure that my fan will never make it onto its water pump. Doesn't really look like the core support has any obvious repairs where it meets the frame rails, either....
    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Are you saying that you can't fit the clutch fan and the radiator? How thick is the radiator core? I know you'll not be able to run the fan shroud but everything else should fit. In what order are you installing these things?

Comment

Well, I didn't have a fan at the time I decided to mount the radiator. So, I obviously mounted the radiator, then got a fan. I'm not really sure, but maybe I need to remove the radiator, put the fan on, then drop the radiator down. Kinda sounds like a pain in the ass, considering I have already loaded the thing with coolant.

Comment

both the fan and the rad have to go in at the same time
        bring it http://athomasmr23.mybrute.com

Comment

Get an electric fan

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by s52e30m3 View Post
            Get an electric fan

/thread
            I thought about that, as a last resort though...

Comment

Originally posted by a_thomasmr23 View Post
              both the fan and the rad have to go in at the same time
              Pretty sure that is impossible, but thanks for your input on the situation.

Comment

yea I would get an electric fan if I were you. If hte core is too thick to instal mechanical fan without taking out the radiator first.... imagine what would happen if you fan clutch goes bad, or you fan blade is busted and needs replacing. You be pulling the radiator and draining the coolant everytime.

Comment

Don't listen to the electrical fan nonsense. There are only 2 fans that will fit in there and do their job properly. The m20 might be a tiny inline-6 but that does not mean we have all the engine bay space in the world.

Aside those two fans, no other low profile fan will be able to do as a good job as the clutch fan does. Yea it saps a bit of power but it's worth it to trade off great cooling for an extra hp or two.

The order I did my stuff back in the day is fan first, then radiator. The rad drops right in, so it should be left for less.

- Erick
                  Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                  EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                  FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                  NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                  Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                  ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                    Don't listen to the electrical fan nonsense. There are only 2 fans that will fit in there and do their job properly. The m20 might be a tiny inline-6 but that does not mean we have all the engine bay space in the world.

Aside those two fans, no other low profile fan will be able to do as a good job as the clutch fan does. Yea it saps a bit of power but it's worth it to trade off great cooling for an extra hp or two.

The order I did my stuff back in the day is fan first, then radiator. The rad drops right in, so it should be left for less.

- Erick

Thanks for clearing that up. I have some cooling system repairs I need to do soon, so, that would be a good time to pull the rad....

Comment

Working...
                    X