A Solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Solution?

After reading and searching constantly on why my eta 325es cuts out randomly and runs like shit even after
    -Plugs
    -Wires from IE
    -Cap & Rotor from IE
    -New DME from a 325e (Dinan chip)
    -Oil Press. Sender
    -Injectors cleaned and tested ( http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/ )
    Local shop for injectors & highly recommended.
    -Cleaned ICV

Question is, PO has a m30 AFM on the car and i have heard through the forums that it makes the eta motor run like shit because of the low impedence 18.5lb inj/because they aren't high imp.? Correct?
    So....I need to get a stock eta AFM right? Where?

I am wondering if this could be the solution to my fricking problem...Lol,
    Any suggestions or help is GREATLY APPRECIATED

1st Pic- A little shot of how the car looks
    2nd Pic- AFM Cover comes off as stated
    3rd Pic-Breather hose for Crankcase is to big..Where to get one??? And can this be unhooked?
    4th Pic-ICV Wire Splice-PO
    5th Pic-Coolant Temp Sensor... Umm why does it only have 1 Contact point inside? BTW My Temp Gauge on the Dash does not read. Replace this???

VIDEO- Of the car running. It ran better than this yesterday, but now today wont STAY Running!!.. Help Please

Last edited by BsoE30; 03-08-2009, 12:47 PM. Reason: Pics and Video

OH.. By the way, the black cover is off the AFM and the PO tinkered with the black dial spring thing inside.. so..is there a way to adjust this dial thingy with 030 measurements on it?

Comment

Originally posted by BsoE30 View Post
      OH.. By the way, the black cover is off the AFM and the PO tinkered with the black dial spring thing inside.. so..is there a way to adjust this dial thingy with 030 measurements on it?
      The afm is most likely fucked. Chase a second hand afm for the m20.

Did the guy sell you the car with this problem?
      ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Yes he did, He sold it to me and the damn car wouldn't start. Reason why?
        -Rigged spark plug wires, He had the coil wire taped with electrical tape because the wire was broken
        -The manifold was missing lock washers and 3-4 nuts out of the 12 that hold the manifold on
        -As i said before on another post the PO had painted the Fuel Rail RED. And even somehow managed to get paint INSIDE the Rail..Had it sandblasted and painted black (the right way)
        -Spark plugs were gapped all differently 3 out of the 6
        -Pulled the Ecu, took covers off and looked at the board, it was fried and had dark circles and smelled burnt ( got another ).
        -Cap was cracked on several of the posts the boot slides over
        -PO had Wires 4-2 swapped
        -Rotor was definitely on its last leg-Replaced
        -Excessive Fuel in the oil from PO trying to start it ( injector problem )
        Several other small things.

Car starts right up now and stays running, its just Rough. Ill try and get a video up for you guys if i can. It idles at like 1300, which is high. I believe i have a bad ICV.

What about the ICM under the dash in the glove compartment? Can those go bad and what are the symptoms?

Comment

Definately the AFM .Once you turn that black dial, It's fucked
          First: 1984 318i
          Second: 1987 325
          Third: 1987 325is
          Current: 1990 325i (Soon To Be 335i)

Comment

Yes he did, He sold it to me and the damn car wouldn't start. Reason why?
            -Rigged spark plug wires, He had the coil wire taped with electrical tape because the wire was broken
            -The manifold was missing lock washers and 3-4 nuts out of the 12 that hold the manifold on
            -As i said before on another post the PO had painted the Fuel Rail RED. And even somehow managed to get paint INSIDE the Rail..Had it sandblasted and painted black (the right way)
            -Spark plugs were gapped all differently 3 out of the 6
            -Pulled the Ecu, took covers off and looked at the board, it was fried and had dark circles and smelled burnt ( got another ).
            -Cap was cracked on several of the posts the boot slides over
            -PO had Wires 4-2 swapped
            -Rotor was definitely on its last leg-Replaced
            -Excessive Fuel in the oil from PO trying to start it ( injector problem )
            Several other small things.

Car starts right up now and stays running, its just Rough. Ill try and get a video up for you guys if i can. It idles at like 1300, which is high. I believe i have a bad ICV.

What about the ICM under the dash in the glove compartment? Can those go bad and what are the symptoms?
            PO's are the dumbest people in the world, aren't they? There are some people that shouldn't be let within 10 feet of a car if they are holding a wrench.:twisted:
            1987 E30 325is
            1999 E46 323i
            RIP 1994 E32 740iL
            oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
              PO's are the dumbest people in the world, aren't they? There are some people that shouldn't be let within 10 feet of a car if they are holding a wrench.:twisted:
              Lol, your soo right man. This guy on the other hand lost his job=no income. So he tried every rig you can imagine to get the car running so he would have something to drive around. So instead, i bought it from him for, i think a decent price considering the condition its in. Perfect black paint job, it needs a really good detail job though. Mint sport seats and interior, no rust. 325es, euro signals. Just needs a little engine work.... Im saddened by it because its such a nice car to not be driven right now Lol...

Comment

Why is that breather hose disconnected from the throttle body?
                Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

its way to big to go on..even with a hose clamp.. thats how the Po had it on...but he ziptied it and it still leaks regardless.

Comment

its way to big to go on..even with a hose clamp.. thats how the Po had it on...but he ziptied it and it still leaks regardless.
                    Go order the right one from the dealer...
                    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Go order the right one from the dealer...
                      Correct, i should have one here next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X