Mark D chip idle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark D chip idle issue

My car has had 19lb injectors and an M30 AFM for a few months and everything was fine, I upgraded to the 19lb Mark D injector chip about 1 week ago and I think that the ECU has fully adjusted and I'm not getting a CEL anymore. As soon as i start the car when its warm it revs up to about 1200rpms then drops to about 500rpms and then levels out at the normal RPM range, if I sit their for about 30 seconds the rpms will go up and down a little(up and down maybe 100rpms) for about 10seconds and then level out and then every things good. when the car isn't fully warmed up it stumbles a little when I get on the gas. The car drives fine when warmed up besides the idle issue. It smells a little rich at idle but their isn't any black smoke, do I just need to give the ECU more time or do I need to lean things out a little. i've driven about 50miles with the chip.

7speedshop.com

I'll lean the AFM out 1 notch tommorrow(back to stock)and see what happens. With a normal chip I had to loosen the AFM one notch to get the car running good, but maybe since I have the appropriate chip now I can set things a little leaner.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Why don't you just look for a vacuum leak since that is most likely what it is? That or the ICV is gunked up.
      1987 E30 325is
      1999 E46 323i
      RIP 1994 E32 740iL
      oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
        Why don't you just look for a vacuum leak since that is most likely what it is? That or the ICV is gunked up.
        already did and found none, and the fact that after it sits for about 30 seconds it idles normal. my ICV and AFM are as clean as new.

7speedshop.com

Comment

This happens to me every time I disconnect the ECU. Sometimes it will take weeks to stop occasionally oscillating at idle.

'88 325is
          VP UT of Austin Autoholics
          BMWCCA 380364

Comment

okay, so I should just wait a while and see if the idle smooths out, and if it doesn't then I'll resort to leaning it out. I've only started the car about 6 or 7 times and each time only driven about 10miles.

7speedshop.com

Comment

okay the idle issue fixed it self, and the cars running good now, got the 1222 CEL code, for a second but it instantly went away on its own and didn't come back. I think all is good now just had to let the ECU learn.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
              X