Question Please Answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Please Answer!

my DD is a 535i e28 1987 model. My proj car is a 325es im currently working on and getting all the kinks out of the system before i DD it.

My question is can i use the speed and reference sensors off of it to put on my 325es? I am getting spark and i am getting fuel... i have done all the methods verifying this. I know for a fact the sensors on my 87 are good because i drive the damn thing everyday lol... i pulled the ones out of the 325 because all the car does is crank and crank and crank....you get the idea. Sounds exactly like a speed or reference sensor problem b/c when i unplug one of them on my 535i it does the same thing until i plug it back in...... So, before i spend the 100.00 getting new sensors for the 325es can i verify they are bad with my 535i ones first?

Are you talking about sensor that sits in the trans. bell housing?

if so, NO, you can not. 535 sensor is a little bit longer than e30 one. Don't ask how I know.

Comment

Check that the part numbers are the same, either on the cars or via RealOEM. EDIT or listen to Aptyp.

I'm confused how you're getting spark with a messed up reference sensor - Motronic needs it to fire to know when to send spark to the plugs.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Well, i verified spark when the car was running shitty before swapping in a good afm and before taking out the speed and ref sensor.

Comment

I think i messed up the sensor(s) when i pulled them out or had them out, so i cleaned them, stuck them back in with a good working afm for a eta and no fire.. just cranking.

Comment

Working...
          X