Off-Idle Hesitation (VID)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-Idle Hesitation (VID)

Hey guys. First of all, yes I searched. I found a thread quite a while ago (before I had my car) about off-idle hesitation, but I cannot find it anymore. Frustrating... Anyway, my car does this, no matter what temp it's at. The fourth throttle blip is what I was trying to demonstrate:

Also, is it just me or does this idle sound like shit in general? Sound like it needs valves adjusted maybe?

Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate it.

Body roll+perspective=the poor man's drop

Same problem for me, i have been told on numerous occasions that i need to adjust the throttle cable. Fourth blip sounds like it got to much fuel and had to burn off the the extra. Car drives fine right?

Comment

^^^ I get the feeling somehow that the car is getting too much fuel in general... which could be the result of poor spark I suppose? I've heard that this hesitation problem can be caused by ignition. So I guess this weekend I'll check the plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

She seems to drive just fine otherwise. However, I'm new to e30s so I have no reference, so I don't know what is normal and what isn't. For instance (you can just barely hear it in the vid) it has an RPM-dependent squeal that I believe to be the fan belt/water pump, but I can't be sure. And the "injector noise" clicking seems awfully loud...

Is there any way you could take a similar short vid of your engine just idling/low-RPM running and link me to it? That would help me so much.

Comment

AFM? If you have a buddy with the same motor, swap in their AFM and go for a cruise. The flap in there may be sticking...
        Originally posted by chileelky
        amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

Originally posted by wagonizzle View Post
          AFM? If you have a buddy with the same motor, swap in their AFM and go for a cruise. The flap in there may be sticking...
          Good call. At this ppoint I have no e30 buddies (:() but I'll check the AFM.

Comment

Hmm... checked the AFM, as the Bentley describes. Doesn't seem to be sticking at all... Also checked all 6 plugs, and they're practically new NRG R's. Distributor and wires next I suppose...

Comment

Working...
            X