Removing output flange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing output flange.

I can't seem to get the nut off the output flange, it seems to be too tight on. WHen I try to turn it the entire trnamission turns, even when In gear.

[intrax springs] [tokico adjustable shocks] [??? BMW steering wheel] [momo shift knob] [ES sway bar] [??? clutch] [Corbeau GT II seat]

What "output flange" are we referring to here?
    1987 E30 325is
    1999 E46 323i
    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

The one that attaches the transmisson to the flex disc.

[intrax springs] [tokico adjustable shocks] [??? BMW steering wheel] [momo shift knob] [ES sway bar] [??? clutch] [Corbeau GT II seat]

Comment

Use an impact gun
        -Andy

Comment

I've tried an impact gun, It didn't work.

Comment

Bolt a long lever to the flange and use a breaker bar and cheater on the nut.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i had mine out of the car when i did it but i bolted an arm to 2 of the holes to act as a lever against the ground and i had to literally bounce on the end of my breaker bar to get it loosened.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I literally took a sledge hammer and hit the wrench to try to get the nut off and it still didn't budge. I went and bought a butane torch and ima heat it up tomorrow and see if that helps.

Comment

yeah there was some heating that went on too
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                  Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I heated it with a torch and still nothing.

Comment

So the tranny is on the car, in gear, and you still can't get it off with an impact? it's turning over your entire motor?

Comment

Yeah. I've tried a blowtorch too. The problem isn't the engine spinning as I jammed it with a wrench, but the nut will just not budge.

Comment

Butane isn't hot enough. You need a pretty intense impact gun though and soak it in PB blaster.
                          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

A butane torch will work, but by the time it gets the nut hot enough it will waste the oil seal. For this you need an intense source of heat and that means an oxy-acetylene torch.
                            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Put it in 1st gear, lock the engine with your wrench, soak the nut in PB blaster for 12 or so hours, then use the impact gun on as much air pressure as you can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X