Foxwell NT510 got code 10 Oxygen sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxwell NT510 got code 10 Oxygen sensor

Hey guys! Just as the title says, I hooked up my brand new Foxwell NT510 code reader (for shits and giggles) with the 20 (its 20 right?)pin adapter and got this code. I have an e2i swap and am running a 173 ECU. I have always had a hesitation issue after the engine is revving or is under a load. The RPM's will dip below idle for a second. Also a wavering idle. Sometimes when its colder out it will stumble when taking off too. After a long and hard drive it runs perfectly.

I've ran through the usual steps to fix this but have had no luck. I adjusted the AFM wiper arm, checked for vacuum leaks, replaced the O rings in the throttle body (which improved the idle), i plugged the evap port on the bottom of the throttle body, I also did some mods to the TB when i was rebuilding it. i checked the ICV, replaced the o2 sensor twice, checked and swapped the FPR out, tested fuel pressure, adjusted the TPS, tested the CPS, temp sensor, and a few other things I'm forgetting. Also adjusted the AFM with a multimeter connected to the o2 sensor. Is it possible it's still the o2 sensor? or how its wired up? I had this issue with an OEM sensor and I swapped to a Ford Bosch sensor and plug, no change. I also tested continuity between the Ford plug and the pins on the ECU plug. The o2 sensor input signal should be getting to the ECU. do those wires have a polarity? Its weird the Foxwell tester would pull up an o2 code. This engine has done this since I built it. I have 30k miles on this build now. The only part of the car that is untouched is the exhaust. I saw marginal improvements from swapping the injectors out to M50 green tops, let it adapt, then adjusted the AFR with the AFM adjustment screw with the multimeter attached. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    - 1982 528e e28 m20b27, e2i, schrick 272
Working...
X