Oil pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pressure warning

So I have recently changed my headgasket and am running into some additional issues. I am getting a leak between cylinder 3 and 4 only when the car is driving or reving. I am also getting a low pressure warning as well but if I take the oil cap off the car runs fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?

Check if Oil breather (in valve cover) is clogged

Comment

Ok I’ll give that a look, thanks!

Comment

If the leak is running down the passenger side of the block at that location there are a couple of things that could be the cause:

Did you use new head bolts and even if not did you torque them correctly? There is a multi-stage procedure for torquing these. I had a leak same place in a used engine I bought with recent head work. When we pulled the valve cover we found out that the bolts had been reused and they were all loose, with the ones in the area you're talking about only finger tight.

What brand head gasket did you use? VR gaskets are notorious for leaking.

Did you check or have a shop check the condition of the head before reassembly? Anything warped or cracked?
        1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
        1991 318is: raw DD
        2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Working...
        X