Car cranks nice but won't turn over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car cranks nice but won't turn over!

Hey guys so i just got my e30 out of storage after it has been sitting for 4 months. Got a new battery and upon reinstalling the battery relized my little battery notification stays on even with the key out of the ignition. This however is not my problem my main issue is that the car wont start.
    Initially thought it was the fuel pump or relay but i bridged the relay and you can hear the pump turn on immediatly. Checked for spark and got no spark. Spark plugs were replaced right before the car was pup into storage. Could this be a crank position sensor? Or is this an electrical gremlin linked to my battery light being on? Car is an 87 325is. P.S. i do realize the battery light being on with the keys out of the ignition means that the alternator is not charging the battery I was just wondering if this can be linked to the car not starting.
    If you're not first you're last :nice:
    1987 325is

A car can start with no alternator, start with ecu main relay and cps.
    Good luck

Comment

Update: FIXED
      Checked OBD1- code 1444 (no failures)
      Triple Checked all fuses and relays
      Checked for spark at wires: no spark
      Checked for spark at coil: no spark
      Replaced CPS and checked resistances- Around 540 ohms
      Replaced Coil and checked resistance: around 0.7 primary around 5100 secondary
      Replaced ECU - BINGO fires up first try 5 days later, turns out my ECU took a masive poop after 230 000 miles
      If you're not first you're last :nice:
      1987 325is

Comment

Working...
      X