Drivers side fuel pump & plumbing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers side fuel pump & plumbing question

1986 ES. Was taking a look at all this plumbing in front of the LR tire. On our eta, I believe we have a lift pump in the tank, which we replaced, and this pump. Other stuff looks to be damping unit, absorber, and a protective case around the pump(?). Some of it NLA. Not sure what all these pieces do, and I can't remember changing out these hoses when we replaced everything else on the engine. Seems like at least I should change those. Is it rare for this pump to fail? The in-tank went at 185k-ish.

Where does the rubber hose go that's disappearing up past the tank flange? And there's another line coming down into the damping unit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6051.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	9937595

Bump.... What does an absorber and a damping unit do?

Comment

Both the unit before and after are injector dampening units. People have removed them with no issues. The larger line (13mm) comes down off the tank from the lift pump. I think the other smaller line is the fuel vapor, where the fuel return line is on the other side of the car. I could have this reversed.

Comment

It also looks like you're missing the fuel filter? Or is it in the engine bay on E's? Check out realoem for a better idea of what everything is Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Yep, fuel filter on the drivers side under the booster.

Thanks jbontke. So there's a surge or pulse every time an injector shuts off and these deal with the hydraulic "hammer," to use a plumbing term?

Comment

Working...
          X