M30 Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 Progress

I've been working on this for quite a while now but I finally hit the milestone of getting the engine dropped in and mounted so I figured I would post a couple of pictures I took of the progress. Excuse the crappy cell phone quality:

Now on to the wiring!
    $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

B34?

Can you provide some details? What tranny/flywheel/clutch/engine and tranny mounts?

What coolant hoses you plan on using?

Good luck, it must feel nice to have it in the car ! :)
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      B34?

Can you provide some details? What tranny/flywheel/clutch/engine and tranny mounts?

What coolant hoses you plan on using?

Good luck, it must feel nice to have it in the car ! :)
      I'm using the entire setup from my old e28. M30B34, Getrag 260, e28 flywheel lightened by Top End Performance out of California, new Sachs clutch, Ireland poly engine and transmission mounts. The nice part is that the engine / transmission combo only have 70,000 miles on them so the old m30 is just getting broken in! Right now I'm planning on re-using a couple of the e28 hoses and then scrounging up a couple of other hoses from the local Napa store.

Yeah it feels really great to have the engine in. I still have a lot of work but at least it feels like a milestone.

Comment

I know how you feel. I just stabbed mine in last week.
        getting it in wasn't my worry, rather wiring and routing of hoses/lines.

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
          The nice part is that the engine / transmission combo only have 70,000 miles on them so the old m30 is just getting broken in!
          Lol, you have a virgin m30 ;)

Great to see another m30 where it should be! Congrats.
          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
            I'm using the entire setup from my old e28. M30B34, Getrag 260, e28 flywheel lightened by Top End Performance out of California, new Sachs clutch, Ireland poly engine and transmission mounts. The nice part is that the engine / transmission combo only have 70,000 miles on them so the old m30 is just getting broken in! Right now I'm planning on re-using a couple of the e28 hoses and then scrounging up a couple of other hoses from the local Napa store.

Yeah it feels really great to have the engine in. I still have a lot of work but at least it feels like a milestone.

Top End was able to lighten a dual mass flywheel or is the b34 flywheel single mass?
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Wiring is easy. Since you have a matched engine and harness, you would just need to connect everything to the motor where it used to be, then match up your wire colors. Greens are (usually) power in run and start, solid browns are ground, black/yellow is power in start only, solid black is tach, brown with red stripe is temp (IIRC.) Don't forget the wire for the coded driveaway. It is green and needs 12V to allow the car to run. Lemme know if you need any help. You'll have it running in no time.
              -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Actually, it looks like you got most of that taken care of already.
                -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  Top End was able to lighten a dual mass flywheel or is the b34 flywheel single mass?
                  B34 is indeed single mass.

Comment

It's just crazy how thick and heavy the flywheel is,
                    even if it's a single mass.

Ultra smooth driving at least. meh.

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                      I know how you feel. I just stabbed mine in last week.
                      getting it in wasn't my worry, rather wiring and routing of hoses/lines.

good luck!
                      cant wait to see you car running trey...i want to this swap now i ahve been looking it up more.
                      84 ETA

Comment

Originally posted by mooseheadm5 View Post
                        Wiring is easy. Since you have a matched engine and harness, you would just need to connect everything to the motor where it used to be, then match up your wire colors. Greens are (usually) power in run and start, solid browns are ground, black/yellow is power in start only, solid black is tach, brown with red stripe is temp (IIRC.) Don't forget the wire for the coded driveaway. It is green and needs 12V to allow the car to run. Lemme know if you need any help. You'll have it running in no time.
                        Yeah, I will probably still need a hand. Going from the B34 wiring to the e30/m42 stuff looks like a pain.

Comment

nice work!

Comment

well done, good to see another b34

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Helps motivate me to get this project on the road!

Comment

Working...
                              X