Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Harness

Hey Guys, Question about wiring harness...

I have a 1991 E30 325i Vert (Auto) About to begin my M30 swap and i come to reading through the thread that everyone talks about using the e30 Manual Wiring harness.... im guessing i need to get one of these since my car obviously doesnt have one.. Or it there something else i can do... if not... Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks

I am using the harness from an e32. Albeit, it's from an automatic car, but it should work. I am sure you can use your stock e30 harness.
    I am in the same boat as you. I am going to treat it as if I were just doing a manual swap and wire it up according to those write ups.

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
      I am using the harness from an e32. Albeit, it's from an automatic car, but it should work. I am sure you can use your stock e30 harness.
      I am in the same boat as you. I am going to treat it as if I were just doing a manual swap and wire it up according to those write ups.
      Yeah im not even looking into those writups... im hopeing to be able to use the petal box and whatnot from the e34 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Drmoussaka View Post
        Yeah im not even looking into those writups... im hopeing to be able to use the petal box and whatnot from the e34 as well.
        Not sure if the pedal box from the e34 will work, though what I do know is when you go to convert and put the clutch pedal in, be sure to pick up a manual brake pedal aswell as the auto ones will most likely contact the clutch pedal (or be very close to it)

You do not have to remove the pedal box completely to put the new pedals in.

I'm using an auto e34 harness on my m30 swap with no problems what-so-ever.
        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Doughnut View Post
          Not sure if the pedal box from the e34 will work, though what I do know is when you go to convert and put the clutch pedal in, be sure to pick up a manual brake pedal aswell as the auto ones will most likely contact the clutch pedal (or be very close to it)

You do not have to remove the pedal box completely to put the new pedals in.

I'm using an auto e34 harness on my m30 swap with no problems what-so-ever.

Two questions... My e30 is Auto (obviously) so getting an Auto e34 and buying a manual Tranny for the swap. your telling me that the E34 Auto harness works fine?

Second, If im not mistaken wouldn't running megasquirt basically replace the harnesses duties in most cases? Im reading through to understand more about megasquirt and i think i get the understanding of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drmoussaka View Post
            Two questions... My e30 is Auto (obviously) so getting an Auto e34 and buying a manual Tranny for the swap. your telling me that the E34 Auto harness works fine?

Second, If im not mistaken wouldn't running megasquirt basically replace the harnesses duties in most cases? Im reading through to understand more about megasquirt and i think i get the understanding of it.
            Yes the e34 auto harness works fine (I'm running it currently with no issues) And I'm not familiar with MS so can't help sorry.
            ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Working...
            X