M30 vaccum for brake assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 vaccum for brake assist

My b35 came from an e32 that had the hydrolic brake assist so i have to tap into the intake to get vaccum.

iv seen where everyone taps the intake mani for the b34. does it have to be from the intake mani? i was thinking of hooking it up to the intake boot in between the afm and throttle body. using the rubber gourmet and plastic fitting setup that is used connecting the hose to the booster.

is there sufficient vaccum there? my guess is, Yes.
    sigpic

Needs to be on the manifold.

Comment

Or go to a local yard and pull a correct manifold :)
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

yeah, i was under the impression that all the b35s were vacuum boost. If you're running a b34 manifold on a b35 i would definitly swap because the intake ports are different
        $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

ya b35 has little bigger ports than b34

1986 335is-1988 335ist -1991 335istsigpic

Comment

He already has a b35, just not one that came with the vacuum assist.

Comment

yup its b35. but why does it need to be on the mani? i was hoping i didnt have to take the mani off.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vic_325 View Post
                iv seen where everyone taps the intake mani for the b34. does it have to be from the intake mani? i was thinking of hooking it up to the intake boot in between the afm and throttle body. using the rubber gourmet and plastic fitting setup that is used connecting the hose to the booster.

is there sufficient vaccum there? my guess is, Yes.
                If you tap for vacuum in the boot, when you close the throttle (say, for instance, when you are off throttle and want to brake :roll: ) you will lose your vacuum.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, take the vacuum off the manifold.
                1973 Bavaria

Comment

Originally posted by Q-ship View Post
                  If you tap for vacuum in the boot, when you close the throttle (say, for instance, when you are off throttle and want to brake :roll: ) you will lose your vacuum.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, take the vacuum off the manifold.
                  yep. What he said you let off the throttle and want to break fast you will have another thing coming

1986 335is-1988 335ist -1991 335istsigpic

Comment

lol fair enough.
                    sigpic

Comment

I drilled mine and used a 1/4" air coupler thingy threaded into it with a little jb weld
                      84' 318i m30b35 swapped!

Comment

ya i ended up taking the manifold off and drilling in the bottom of it where its nice and flat. threaded and JB welded a pipe in there too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X