Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought the round connectors mated up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the round connectors mated up???

Image Hosting, Image Upload, Picture Hosting

91 M30b35

89 E30 325is

Welp, today was to be the glorious start-up day, and I went to plug in the C101 round connector, and I discover that they are, unfortunately, mismatched lesbian connectors.

Is there and easy fix to this? I tried pulling out the M20 pins from the connectors, which did not worked at all and just resulted in a mangled pin.

Am I REALLY going to need to splice these 2 together? More importantly, what does the engine actually need from the fuse box - I have a MS2 unit ready to be installed, but if I am going to have to wire in to everything individually instead of using a PNP adaptor - how does this plug to the fuse box interact? I guess I'm just wondering what the easiest solution to this is in my situation...I don't trust my M20 harness really, my engine had weird electrical gremlins that, combined with the fact the the car is automatic, precipitated the swap.
    '89 335is +turbo

OK, so (and I should have done this first...) it's a 25 pin instead of the E30 20. - splicing required?
    '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Where can I find the code for what those mean - I guess I need the EMLs - are they in the bentley?
      '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Two options.

1) buy a different engine m30b35 harness with the round c101 (pre 91 iirc)
        2) make an adapter to go from the 25pin to 20pin.

The color / pin information is from ETM (electronic troubleshooting manuals, google it), not EML (type of traction control used on early BMW cars).

If you end up going with the harness, I have a spare 20pin c101 from an auto 89 m30b35 (same one I am using).
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

go the 20 pin route its super super easy

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

That's what I'm doing, I guess I will try to sell the other harness
            '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Working...
            X