No announcement yet.

The Evolution of a 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That engine rebuilder should be fired! I never noticed until now, it looks like that 3.5 badge is added to the block by the factory, looks like a flat head bolt is to the left of the '3'.

So what's your plan with the rest of the stuff?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      That engine rebuilder should be fired! I never noticed until now, it looks like that 3.5 badge is added to the block by the factory, looks like a flat head bolt is to the left of the '3'.

So what's your plan with the rest of the stuff?
      Cleaning, painting, and reassembling. You'll see :p

Comment

Out of curiosity, are you going to try to replicate the trunk badge as well? that would be an interesting project.

Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

cool story bro.

Comment

It's cool because there's allot of 3's.
            e30 3series m30 333 badge 3.3L on the block.

OH EM GEE. :D

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
              Out of curiosity, are you going to try to replicate the trunk badge as well? that would be an interesting project.
              :D Maybe.

Comment

Don't hate. He's just doing what works for his personal taste. I don't have to understand it. He does.

Great attention to detail. From some other posts/build threads I noticed you're in HS, yeah? Man, with that attention to detail I can't imagine what your hand writting looks like. It's either pristine or total chicken scratch crap.

Good luck on that build. Here's a question, what's the bonus of the M30 build? From what I've seen (and that's probably not much on this subject) the M30 doesn't give you a bunch of power? I may very well be totally off on this.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                  Don't hate. He's just doing what works for his personal taste. I don't have to understand it. He does.

Great attention to detail. From some other posts/build threads I noticed you're in HS, yeah? Man, with that attention to detail I can't imagine what your hand writting looks like. It's either pristine or total chicken scratch crap.

Good luck on that build. Here's a question, what's the bonus of the M30 build? From what I've seen (and that's probably not much on this subject) the M30 doesn't give you a bunch of power? I may very well be totally off on this.
                  Thanks for your compliments. Well, my current motor should be putting out 104hp but seeing it hasn't been rebuilt in 25 years it's most likely putting out much less than that. And by the time the M30 is in with the certain modifications I'll be doing to it it will have just over 200hp so doing this swap doubles my horsepower. As for how it feels, I have no idea. This is my first time doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                    The head was rebuilt, the block was replaced (by a new BMW block), and most likely, when it was rebuilt, the guy looked at the guide rails and thought they looked good enough not to replace or something along those lines.
                    Now, I don't want to scare you off again, but that makes no sense, If the block was replaced with a new OEM unit, nobody would have stuffed old internals back in there. I think you were lied to.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                      Here's a question, what's the bonus of the M30 build? From what I've seen (and that's probably not much on this subject) the M30 doesn't give you a bunch of power? I may very well be totally off on this.
                      105 in 3rd, gracefully. Quickly, too! BSBs (big smoky burnouts) are mighty smoky, like thick fucking clouds of rubber, absolutely silly.

Enough torque to basically just dump the clutch at idle and accelerate.

These motors feel damn good in this car, like SO damn much grunt, it is awesome.

If done DIY, the whole swap can be done for about $500 on the cheap, including 4 cans of spray paint and a few prime gaskets.

(this is how rebuilds are done on R3V in case you didn't know)

Damn fun swap if you ask me.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Now, I don't want to scare you off again, but that makes no sense, If the block was replaced with a new OEM unit, nobody would have stuffed old internals back in there. I think you were lied to.
                        No, I agree with you that it doesn't make sense. However if you were to see the motor in person, you can clearly see that most of the internals of the block (crank) has been replaced and I really don't know how to explain the mystery of the over-worn guide rails. It's really puzzling that of everything replaced on the car, these weren't.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        105 in 3rd, gracefully. Quickly, too! BSBs (big smoky burnouts) are mighty smoky, like thick fucking clouds of rubber, absolutely silly.

Enough torque to basically just dump the clutch at idle and accelerate.

These motors feel damn good in this car, like SO damn much grunt, it is awesome.

If done DIY, the whole swap can be done for about $500 on the cheap, including 4 cans of spray paint and a few prime gaskets.

(this is how rebuilds are done on R3V in case you didn't know)

Damn fun swap if you ask me.

Luke
                        This description motivates me even more to get moving on this swap. I'm most of the way finished (re-assembly starts this weekend) and literally last Saturday my car finally hit it's brick wall. I now need to pawn rides from friends while my car sits in the driveway awaiting it's new engine.

Thanks for the motivation it sounds like it's going to be a VERY fun car in the end!

And on a side note, I'm not sure if it's just me, but for some reason on these forums or e30tech, whenever I click on a thread you've posted on and your signature with the little guy typing on the keyboard downloads, my browser (safari) starts to crash if I don't change the page fast enough. Nothing against you, just curious if anybody else has told you that?

Comment

Lots of people tell him that.

Comment

I think it's the combination of the avatar and sig gif. Works fine for me though.
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post

And on a side note, I'm not sure if it's just me, but for some reason on these forums or e30tech, whenever I click on a thread you've posted on and your signature with the little guy typing on the keyboard downloads, my browser (safari) starts to crash if I don't change the page fast enough. Nothing against you, just curious if anybody else has told you that?
                              I'm surprised no one said this till now! I used to have the same issue-- once i went to snow leopard however (64-bit safari), it no longer bogs down on animated gifs.

Comment

Haha, I never tought that I'd see that outside my country.

Here around the maximum displacement that can be accepted in annual inspection to e30 is 3,2l and plenty of b34's had that trick done in 90´s usually saying "30".
                                Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                                BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                                BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                                BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Working...
                                X