e30 m30 swap question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m30 swap question?

hi i have a 91 325i and putting a 535i m30 engine in. swaps going alright for now. i have the e28 radiator for it and stuff. but im stumped about what to do for the heater core. becasue on the 535i the heater core is built in to the fire wall. if anybody has any more expirience on this than me please help me out? thank you everybody!

The E30 core has 2 heater core hoses ( 1 inlet, 1 outlet). the same goes for the E34, so it should all match up.

1 goes into the heater core from the coolant reservior tank (A 3 way tee)

1 goes into the heater core from the thermostat output (A 3 way tee)

IIRC
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

You can see two metal hoses on fire wall I can't draw an arrow.
      joe maddo's pic

1986 335is-1988 335ist -1991 335istsigpic

Comment

I thought that firewall looked familiar...

Since I had my m30 my heater has never worked (before I bypassed it of course), I guess I could have a bad heater valve though.
        '86 E30
        '05 E53 X5
        '72 Firebird
        '10 Prius
        '03 Tundra

Comment

Is there a way to utilize the m20 coolant reservoir and plumb up the heater core?

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
            Is there a way to utilize the m20 coolant reservoir and plumb up the heater core?
            Yes, see top middle:

That's the 325i reservoir.
            ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

What hoses did you use for that to work?

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                What hoses did you use for that to work?

I used the E32 Upper radiator hose, It has a t hose that makes it possible.
                1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

and what hose did you use for the reservoir?

Comment

I believe it was the stock hose, that I mangled in there, either that or it was an E28 extra hose, get creative and you can make it work.
                    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Stock e30 325i hose spliced into the e32/e34 hose. I should be doing that in a week or so.
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

does anybody have a diagram or any pictures of the hoses they three wayed. could you just base it off of the way the 325i had its heater and hoses set up? and just buy hoeses from local hardware store?

Comment

Wow, very lovely picture. I will use this cards as my backgroung in my blog.

Thanks! I really feel that that video is a big improvement to my other video game videos. The other ones seemed to drag on too much both in length and pacing. I think I'm getting closer to the formula I need to achieve for my videos but I still need as much feedbacks as possible to reach that point.
                          Calcul pret immobilier simulation en ligne | Taux simulation rachat de pret immobilier lcl | Pret immobilier simulation gratuit caisse d'epargne

Comment

Working...
                          X