Removing tranny always = pull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing tranny always = pull?

I am having a rear main seal leak issue - will this necessitate a repull?
    '89 335is +turbo

repull? Remove the engine again? Not necessarily. You can remove the engine harness, drop the subframe and go from there.

Comment

to replace a rear main just drop the tranny and pull the clutch and flywheel, you will be looking right at it. The engine can stay in the car
      Anything can be done

Comment

On Jeans car there was no way to pull the tranny by itself, it took us less than an hour to drop all of it ( motor, subframe, tranny and suspension ) from the bottom.

Comment

2 piece trans make everything easier
          Anything can be done

Comment

it would be near impossible and really just a pain for me with the b34 to pull just the trans. The time it would take me to lower the subframe enough and all i could have the whole thing out and back in...

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

With G 265, just loosen the engine mounts, then remove the tranny and bell-housing (separately).
              While with G 260, might be quicker to pull all out.
              http://www.kingofeurope.net/2010/

Comment

I have a B34 and a 1-pc G260 and I've pulled/installed the tranny twice without having to yank the motor. This is with Joe/Funkmasta's mounts. I didn't even have to pull the rad. first time took awhile but the second time in one afternoon I had the trans off/back on no problem. It also helps I ripped out the insulation at the top of the trans tunnel and massaged it for a bit of extra room to get to the top bolts.

To add insult to injury, I was done on my driveway on jackstands both times :S

Comment

Working...
                X