tranny swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny swap question

I need a transmission for my M30 swap. Could not find any at the local JY. Saw one on eBay, appears to be in good condition and price is acceptable. I´m just not 100% sure it´ll fit. I have a b35 from an 1991 535i. The tranny is a G 260/5 from an 1984 533i. Here´s a link:

item number 250589738626
    Please help me confirm fitment so I can buy it or start looking somewhere else. If you or someone you know has one, let me know too.
    Thanks guys
    1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

ask frank, but i remember reading somewhere that the older trannies will work you just plug those reference sensor holes. I think the detachable bellhousing 265 is the hot ticket though. dunno. sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Comment

will do! thanks a lot.
      1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

Yes a G260/5 will work just plug the sensor holes. There is actually a BMW part for this if you can't find anything else. Should be BMW part# 21111225047 if I remember correctly.

As far as G260 vs G265 goes, yes the detachable bell-housing is nice but be aware that there is no "bolt-on" driveshaft solution when using the G265 (depending on engine mounts used). With most engine positions and a G260 you can use a 325e "Big-Guibo" driveshaft with no modifications. Not a major problem, just something to be aware of before jumping in feet first.
        $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

I believe the early tranny has a smaller bellhousing that locks you into the early clutch set up. You may want to search mye28.com for the years affected.
          1973 Bavaria

Comment

All 1985 E28 535i are equipped with G 265, if you want to go this route.
            and, the driveshaft might be "compatible" for the swap.
            http://www.kingofeurope.net/2010/

Comment

Working...
            X