m30b35 stock oil cooler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30b35 stock oil cooler question

For you b35 experts out there - I cleaning up a b35 to put into my E30. It looks like the oil filter housing has two lines that run into it for an oil cooler? The guy i got it from said it was from 90 735i. Does that make sense? I've only seen b35 from the 535i and it did not seem to have the same set up.

Thanks,

Veronica

i just took a quick look at a 90 735iL on real oem and didn't see provisions for an oil cooler
    can you take a picture of it so maybe I can see what it is your talking about?

Comment

Is it like this?
      If it is you'll need to plug the drain back hole on the b35 blocks I think?

Comment

E32's did come with a factory oil cooler - I know because I converted my non-cooled e32 to a cooled one. The 2 lines are on the RH side of the housing (different than the pic above) on mine then they run/curve over the housing then cut diagonally to the oil cooler which sits directly underneath the radiator.
        Last edited by eugeman; 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

the e32 535 did come with oil coolers, my 89 came with one. you cant use the oil cooler off it for the swap however and the e30 cooler doesnt fit either, I looped mine, it works fine with no issues, however i have heard that you can use an e30 m3 oil cooler if u really want one.

Comment

I have an e30 m3 oil cooler I need to get rid of...
            '86 E30
            '05 E53 X5
            '72 Firebird
            '10 Prius
            '03 Tundra

Comment

Sorry for the late response. I was out of town traveling. The oil cooler is as eugeman described. I'll take pics and post them for reference later today (hopefully).

Will the E30 325 oil cooler not work due to the lines? The lines from the oil filter housing were cut, so I was going to have to modify slightly anyways. I'm hoping to swap out the engine during April, so i'll mess with the oil cooler set up and see what I can do. Maybe I'll be buying the M3 one.

I'll take pics of what I do and pass on the info.

Veronica

Comment

IIRC the e30 oil cooler will not work because the lines are on the opposite side/not long enough. The e30 m3 oil cooler is ideal.
                Originally posted by LJ851
                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
                X