Automatic Trans Options? Besides 265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Trans Options? Besides 265

I'm debating whether it would be worth flipping an e34 535i I found for cheap that needs a new auto trans.

Will other auto transmissions work besides the 265 that would be cheaper? Are you able to run an automatic 260/5, or /6 on the e34 without any additional parts or electronics?

If you were closer I have one I just removed and it works well drove the car home prior to removal. If you are interested we can see about shipping.

Edit yes this is a 4hp22.
    Last edited by lashtx; 03-27-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I thought auto m30's were 4hp22's? 265's and 260's are manual transmissions
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

i have a good 4hp22 as well.
        2 for one. I'm about 5 miles from lashtx
        buy them from us and put them on one pallet.....

Comment

What the hell am I going to do with 2 auto trannys?

My initial question hasn't been answered - are other auto trans compatible?
          Last edited by Moto-Mucci; 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Are you in need of a auto trans? I have a really nice one on my parts car here in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by googone20 View Post
              Are you in need of a auto trans? I have a really nice one on my parts car here in Michigan.

PM'd

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
                Will other auto transmissions work besides the 265 that would be cheaper? Are you able to run an automatic 260/5, or /6 on the e34 without any additional parts or electronics?
                As pointed out above, all the transmissions that you call out are manuals. You have a 4HP22/24 (depending on year). One thing to consider is that a M20 manual will not bolt up to an M30, so it stands to reason that the M20 auto will not either. The mounting pattern on the trans is different.

As to whether there's an alternative? I doubt it. A cheaper alternative? Almost no chance. Why don't you hit the E34 section at bimmerforums? Much better chance of an answer there.
                1973 Bavaria

Comment

Originally posted by Brian D View Post
                  Why don't you hit the E34 section at bimmerforums? Much better chance of an answer there.
                  And heaps more info on the auto's too.

Almost everyone that has swapped an m30 into their e30 on this forum has a manual gearbox. In fact, Ive never seen an auto m30 e30 before... Pics?
                  ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Doughnut View Post
                    And heaps more info on the auto's too.

Almost everyone that has swapped an m30 into their e30 on this forum has a manual gearbox. In fact, Ive never seen an auto m30 e30 before... Pics?
                    I'm not doing an M30 Auto swap into the E30. I'm debating buying a 535is for cheap near me with a blown auto trans. I was gauging whether it'd be worth it or not to replace the trans and flip the car.

Comment

Go for it

Comment

Working...
                      X