Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to wire 2-pin auxfan switch to 3-wire plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to wire 2-pin auxfan switch to 3-wire plug?

The 82 degree aux fan switch I bought has two pins, but my stock 325i switch and plug have 3 pins. Can I wire this new one up somehow that will let me keep the 2-speed funtionality of the fan? Anyone done this before? Thanks guys.

Bueller? Bueller?

Comment

do it this way http://www.imagebam.com/image/74f2df78372662
      '89 335is +turbo

Comment

^why complicate things?

I think you can use those ones.
        If this helps, use bk/br (highspeed relay) and gn/bk wire(fuse 18).
        Other wire is the lowspeed relay. Not sure if it matters which you use at all.

Comment

No, if you are talking about the thermostatic switch that turns on the relays. The 3 pin is 2 switches in 1.

What is that new switch from?

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

New switch is from an e28 535i, it's the only one available in 82 degrees I believe.

A little off topic, but I hope im not going too cool with the 80 degree thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              New switch is from an e28 535i, it's the only one available in 82 degrees I believe.

A little off topic, but I hope im not going too cool with the 80 degree thermostat
              Do you mean too cool of a switch? That certainly shouldn't be a problem if you put it where the aux fan switches used to be. That is the cool side of the radiator so the fan switch will be closing later than if it was closer to the inlet from the engine.

As far as maintaining the dual speed goes you would need two switches to make that work. You might be able to use your old switch (depending on the closing temperature) as the high-speed and the new one as your low speed. I just finished my fan circuitry so I would be more than willing to help out.
              $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Actually my thermostat is 80 and the fan switch is 82. I'm just wondering if I went too cold for the engine to run efficiently. But I think my stock 325i swich is 90 and it's installed in the second switch port, so I could wire up both like you said, I think i may do that for now and keep trying to reserch other ideas.

Comment

Working...
                X