m90B35 build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m90B35 build...

Hey I’m looking at dropping a 1980-euro 635csi motor into an e30... but what type of power would be produced from one of these cars. I’ve red a lot about the m50/s50 swap and how there bitchen fast but how would an m90 compare???

And I’ve done some searches and found that the swap is just like the m30 swap but for a few differences, so is there a thread or some one out there with a real list of what you need for the swap and/or a guide for the m30/m90 swap?

thanks Aaron

Edit: the seller, "rare motronic m90 so it is easier to swap and maintain" just wondering what that means???

and the car has 166kmiles on it so what should i be looking for in maintenance/upgrades to the motor to improve hp life while the engine is out and easy to work on and tare apart?

thanks.
    Last edited by DRIEV; 04-28-2010, 09:11 PM.

The motor only makes a few more hp than the m30b35, but has higher compression and is more 'rev happy'. Mechanicaly the swap is just the same but the m90 uses an earlier version of Bosch Motronic that is not directly compatible with the 1.3 in e30s, making wiring somewhat more involved.

Comment

Working...
    X