Oil Filter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filter question

hey guys, about to do an oil change and I have no clue from what car this M30 is all I know is that it's a 3.4 with 3.5 electronics and everything else 3.5

I'm kind of obsessive about the little details so is there different kinds of oil filters depending on the M30 engine? or is it one size fits all ? THANKS and sorry since this is most likely a dumb question.

thanks again r3v
    09/1989 325i 4 Door
    +M30 Swap
    +Z3 Steering Rack

Using my 91 535i as an example, I went to pelicanparts and clicked more info on the filter suggested. It shows the same filter fitted for a wide variety of M30s from 1975 all the way through the S38 M5 engine in 93. So probably one size fits all.
    The current fleet:
    1992 325ic: 148k-171k miles
    1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD, 114k-142k miles
    1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes Powerslot (not a car :D) PCM Ford 351W, 904 hours

Comment

yup that's what we're counting on. Now on to the next question...

do we just rip on the oil housing to the left until it gets loose? or is there some other step in the procedure?

p.s. turner hasnt sent me my bentley yet. and I'm too much of a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles to just do work on it. THANKS and answer as quick as you can! oil filter is waiting !
      09/1989 325i 4 Door
      +M30 Swap
      +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Yup lefty loosy. Just remember you don't have to graunch the shit out of the bolt when you put it back on, it goes into an aluminium casting at the bottom of the filter housing and you don't wanna strip that shit out, just tight enough to seal up the cap and you're good to go

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Working...
        X