m30 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 swap?

im thinking about picking up and a cheap e30 and swaping the motor out of my car into it. im trying to figure out what im looking at price wise, if i already have the motor, tranny, ecu, diff, wiring harness etc. basically everthing i would need out of my running e24, i already know i need an oil pan out of an e32 or e34, and custom motor mounts(where can i get those?) what else do i need?

i did see the pdf format swap guide for sale, and i decide to go go ahead with the swap then i will purchase it. im just trying to get a ball park on the price range and what im going to need.
    84 318i drift car
    04 mk4 gti 1.8t
    96 e320
    63 plymouth valiant

depends on how anal you are about getting it done.

You can do it for under 1k if you wanted to, or spend 3k or more if you do it right and replace all the old / worn out stuff......

engine (you got the hoses, gaskets, rings, bearings, timing components, cap, rotor, wires, injectors that can be OK or might need to be replaced so it all adds up in price) It can be $200 for the whole thing or $1000 for the whole thing...
    tranny (150 from pnp or more)
    clutch kit 200-300+
    flywheel 100+
    mounts 300
    radiator 60-250 depending on used/new etc
    exhaust - can spend lots on this as well....
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i had a rebuilt motor put in my car last year, so motor wise im ok, i cant use the tranny and clutch out of my e24? i had the clutch at the same time as motor last year too. is there a difference between the e28's raditator and the e24's raditator? i have a 3.73 lsd that i pulled out of an e30 and put into my car, so im ok in that area as well.
      84 318i drift car
      04 mk4 gti 1.8t
      96 e320
      63 plymouth valiant

Comment

Working...
      X