Yet Another m30 No Start Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another m30 No Start Thread

Got my engine in and wired up properly, finally, but it's not cranking at all. I seem to be having this same problem:

I get power to everything on the interior, all windows, lights and sunroof work. ICV runs when key in the 'on' position. Fuel pump does not run unless the relay is jumped, I've tried several relays I have lying around.

Pretty much sounds like the same problem Jb325is was having.

Any details on jumping the obc relay? It's under the drivers side kick panel, isn't it?

The only difference I have is that I had it wired with my old swap harness, turned it on for a few seconds and the entire harness started smoking. I figured it was better to swap the harness than to try and figure out where the bad ground was. Though now I'm wondering if something might have burnt out internally.
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

well i jumped the obc relay, to no avail. I jumped the gr to the gr/rd wire on the plug that plugs into the relay and nothing changed. Im going to try and find my multimeter to do some testing.
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Is your starter engaging at all? Also is it a b34 or b35?
      $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

starter is clicking but no crank. It's a b32 converted to b35 electronics (m1.3)

Feedback

Comment

im getting power to the starter, both ignition coil terminals, one pin on.the fuel pump relay, 2 on the main relay, etc. I even tested the battery. Everything seems right but no crank.

Feedback

Comment

If the starter clicks the problem will be:

High resistance in the solenoid lead, main power lead, or ground path

Bad starter.

Monitor the voltage at the solenoid lead while trying to crank the engine. It should not drop. Likewise for the main power lead. From the starter body you should see less than a volt to chassis ground.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i tried it with an m20 starter i had lying around... No dice. Im getting constant 12v at the main starter lead while cranking, but seemingly none at the solenoid lead...is there something thats supposed to be hooked up to that directly?

the body gives off a varying voltage from below 1 to 12 or so.

Feedback

Comment

Working...
              X