S52 E30 swap help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 E30 swap help please!

So I'm in the pre planning stages of an S52 engine swap in my '84. I would like to know what I'm getting into price wise. If anyone has done it and wouldn't mind sharing. Also... any suggestions on stuff that ya came across during the build that would've helped to know before. Thanks in advance!
    - Joe
    -Joe

What has been done already to the chassis? Being an 84, have you already done the usual maint. on the brakes/suspension? You might as well grab a set of 325 trailing arms and front struts/brakes so you can upgrade at the same time while doing front/rear bushings/brakes.

Since it's a non abs car you have a little more room in the engine bay. You also have a rectangular c101 instead of the round, so you'll need to make an adapter.

The rest is the same / usual stuff. Engine/tranny/clutch/flywheel/radiator/driveshaft/exhaust and as much maint. items you can throw in the mix while you are there to make it reliable...
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      What has been done already to the chassis? Being an 84, have you already done the usual maint. on the brakes/suspension? You might as well grab a set of 325 trailing arms and front struts/brakes so you can upgrade at the same time while doing front/rear bushings/brakes.

Since it's a non abs car you have a little more room in the engine bay. You also have a rectangular c101 instead of the round, so you'll need to make an adapter.

The rest is the same / usual stuff. Engine/tranny/clutch/flywheel/radiator/driveshaft/exhaust and as much maint. items you can throw in the mix while you are there to make it reliable...
      Yeah done the suspension and break stuff. Thanks for the insight on the rest of the stuff though!
      -Joe

Comment

you might want to post in the 24v swap section. you would probably get more responses in there.

Comment

Working...
        X