Driveshaft Lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveshaft Lengths

Is there somewhere to lookup what all the common driveshafts and the lengths they are from different models (E30s, E28s, auto, 5spds, etc)? I know people say with a M30 swap to use a E30 M3 driveshaft but doesn't it all depend on the position you are using on the mounts (1,2,3) and the transmission used (265, 280, 260/6, etc) as they are all different sizes? Or is there that much amount of play you can get away with.

Myself I am using a S38 in position 2 on E30.de mounts and a 265 transmission with a removable bellhousing. I am hoping I can find a OEM driveshaft from BMW parts bin that fits easily without doing something custom.
    www.eurowinnipeg.com
    www.E30S38.com
    E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

I wouldn't mess around with it honestly. My swap car is a b34 with a g265 and my approach was to use the e30 rear half because you know that is the proper length and then have the front shortened to put the CSB in the correct spot. It's working like a charm thus far.
    $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

but how are u running the smaller front half ?? did u change the output shaft or did u buy a bigger front half and get it shortened ?? pics if u have some please .

Comment

M30 conversion: engine mount brackets

Would you happen to have a set for sale? Or know where it can be purchased?
        John

Comment

Working...
        X