Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield washer resevior hookup

Hey Ely...

Could we get it on the record how you hook up the windshield washer resevior for this swap? I have the 325iX resevior and I think im going to have do something with the cabling and a hammer to squeeze that bitch in there. Could you show me orientation, etc. Don't know if you have disassembled your E30M30 yet.

Thanks
    Jared

p.s. - anyone else with the answer feel free to chime in.

Ya the E30M30 is almost completly torn down. The washer bottle is a very tight fit but fits, When I first put it In I installed it before the engine, and slid it in threw the engine bay towards the Passenger fender. It's tight squeze but it ftis. I then lengthened the wiring about 2 feet to reach the pump and level sender, and purchased some new washer line to splice into the line running up into the hood. Now when I removed I still had my strut brace and engine block in place. I was able to slid it towards the driver's fender a bit, then pull very hard upward and slid it out. If I had a working camera I'd take some pics. It may help to undo the large Black battery cable and then put it back in place once you get the tank in place.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I agree... the cabling is pushing back on the bottle. I think I'll detach that, and then persuade it to go in with a rubber mallet :twisted:

Where did you get the extra plumbing? I think I've seen similar stuff at Home Depot or Loews.

Comment

autozone and the like sell it, also pick up a small connector so you can connect the new plumbing right by the hood hinge to the plumbing going to the washers, this way if needed you can easily remove the hood in the future.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
        X