Best Rad fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Rad fitment

I am looking to install a radiator under the rad cradle, not behind it like the typical E28 rad that fits on M30 swaps.

Does anybody have any recommendations of the biggest custom radiator say from summit that can fit in there? Anybody have the dimensions?
    www.eurowinnipeg.com
    www.E30S38.com
    E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

Are you trying to put a small radiator INSIDE the core support? There isn't much room to play with and hose routing would be a bitch... My advise is buy a tape measure!

Why are you trying to do this? Whats the benefit? A clutch fan? I don't think a fan will out weigh the lose of cooling capacity from a tiny radiator...
    '08 328i Sedan -daily touring car
    '89 335i Coupe -parting out
    '01 330i Sedan -divorced
    '90 325i Coupe -smashed

e30m50tu@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by ///Maddog9000 View Post
      Are you trying to put a small radiator INSIDE the core support? There isn't much room to play with and hose routing would be a bitch... My advise is buy a tape measure!

Why are you trying to do this? Whats the benefit? A clutch fan? I don't think a fan will out weigh the lose of cooling capacity from a tiny radiator...
      I am trying to fit the biggest rad I can but have limited room with a S38B36. I have measured it but I know a few guys have put universal rads in there and was hoping for some feedback with a specific model that fits well.
      www.eurowinnipeg.com
      www.E30S38.com

Comment

Check this out
        harry/harout

Comment

I have been watching his swap, great work. He has his engine farther back than mine, as well as running wasted spark he doesnt have a distro in the way. plus S38B35 cooling system. Makes fitting an E28 rad easier.

I am trying a different approach, I want to stuff a rad under the cradle. It has been done before, just looking if anybody has experience with what works.
          www.eurowinnipeg.com
          www.E30S38.com

Comment

Working...
          X