Driveshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveshaft?

What would be the best driveshaft to use with the M30 swap besides the M3 shaft? Is it possible to use the 535i shaft? Will it bolt up? I really need an answer before tomorrow. Please help.

I used a 260/6 getrage 5-speed transmision, and with engine position 3 using e30.de mounts I was able to use a 1987 325e driveshaft with no modifications. The 87 was the only year to use the larger guibo of the M30.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Which vehicle do you get your transmission from? Can I only use the transmission from an M30 car, or an M3? The M20 transmission won't fit, right?

Comment

I used the stock driveshaft on my 87 325is (manual) and changed the output shaft on the transmission (260)

Comment

My tranny came out of a 1984 633csi, the m20 stock driveshaft will work also if you just swap the tranny flange. And the m20 tranny won't fit but yes the M3 or any M30 tranny will fit.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

This thread is probably moot now, but for the record you can most likely use the front of the 535 manual driveshaft and the rear portion of your current driveshaft. Just match up the white dot to white dot. I document the process on my website.

I had no balance issues and had the car at over 100mph with no vibrations.

Comment

Well, the car is a 318i '84 model. So, I'm not too sure about that driveshaft. I am getting one, hopefully, from a 535i. I am also getting the 535i tranny. So, I should be good to go from there.

Comment

Working...
              X