1/4 mile times - Newly Finished Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4 mile times - Newly Finished Conversion

Last night we took our newly converted 86 e30 with a b34 conversion to the drag strip to test it out (wanted to see what would break first). The car is gutted with no glass except the windshield. 2nd gear was binding so it was very slow to shift (fixed that issue today). The motor was rebuilt. We road race so we run lots of neg chamber and had our hard rain tires on it. Straight pipe with a header and ebay chip.

The first few passes we averaged 15.5 and then the last run we did a long burn out to get the tires warm and ran a 14.9. I think if we dialed out the neg chamber and put sticky tires on it we could hit high 13's. The tires would spin in the top 3 gears if you held the gas wide open.

Do these times sound slow/fast for a M30 conversion?

The motor was a huge improvement over the m20 that came out. Can't wait till next weekend. We will be doing a 18hr road race. More worried about fuel consumption which will add hot pit time for more fuel stops. I'm est we will get about 7-8 MPG.

Awesome conversion. It took us about 5 weeks to rebuild the b34 and get it installed.

Well spinning the tires with 500hp you can run a 15 or 17sec :P
    What were the trap speeds?

I ran a 14.3 with a 2.93lsd and some 1st gear spin. b35.
    My guess is getting into the 13's sounds about right.
    A e46 m3 ran a 13.4 that night btw.

Just my opinion.
    Turbo that thing! :)

Comment

Our trap speed was 90.50 mph, 1/8th mile was 73.90mph. I think we will re-try in a few weeks with sticky tires and no neg chamber. Attached is a picture of the car - the road racing series we do requires a theme so we are Mad Max Racing. Got to wear costumes for inspection but wear full SFI gear for the track.
      Attached Files

Comment

That poor e30 why did you make it look like a Firechicken? I like the Mad Max theme though.

I also don't understand why everyone tries to take their e30 drag racing, e30's suck at drag racing. Unless your name is BMWSOB. IMO you are bound to be disappointed every time you go.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

The car isn't built to drag race at all. That's the only way we can break in the motor (yeah - I know not the correct way) and actually see how the new conversion works. Next Saturday when the flag drops I need the car to run full out from 9AM - 7PM with no un-planned stops. Testing it at the drag strip did show the shift linkage was messed up - got that fixed now.

It's all about having fun.
          Last edited by porschelou; 05-15-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

LeMons car?

Comment

hoooooly fark!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
              first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

It could be a Lemons car...... It should surprise the teams who have been able to out pull us on the straights.... Our little 2.7e motor got a good tune-up.. :)

Comment

Oh my...

That is all.
                  ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    Well spinning the tires with 500hp you can run a 15 or 17sec :P
                    What were the trap speeds?

I ran a 14.3 with a 2.93lsd and some 1st gear spin. b35.
                    My guess is getting into the 13's sounds about right.
                    A e46 m3 ran a 13.4 that night btw.

Just my opinion.
                    Turbo that thing! :)
                    what motor is the b34 out of? and they really make 500 hp???

mtech 2 325ic
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
                    check out my donut vid
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

b35s are from e34 and e32.
                      b34s are from e28 and everything else is m90.
                      Not sure, check wikipidia.

With enough boost yeah, 500hp.
                      Same with any other engine. ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X