CAB's offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAB's offset?

you guys running offset or not? I decided to go not because I care more about low speed/tight turns. Wondering if their is a preference for the added weight/forward position of the m30.

Not that it really matters, already ordered poly non-offset CAB's pre-pressed into new CA's through bimmerworld, just curious if I made the wrong choice.

Offset CABs give better stability at speed and more feel during turns due to increased castor. That's why the M3 came with them stock. They are not affected by/will not affect the weight distribution of the car, m30 or not. Offset is always the way to go IMO, it's a big gain for zero loss.

Comment

Sweet Darrin, I ended up changing my order at the last minute. Bimmerworld customer service was great.

Comment

Just don't get the solid treehouse cabs
        They're very harsh when you can feel all the hairline cracks and every pebbel on the road.
        A pencil feels like hitting a curb.

Comment

I recently installed knock-off treehouse cabs. Gotta say I'm pretty pleased with them. The bumps ARE sharper, but it's mostly just the initial impact. The initial sharpness is not so much in the steering wheel per say..feels more like in the floor of the car for me. But the added benefits of having nearly zero bushing squish are always nice. Turn-in is crisp, and hard cornering is more stable and predictable than with the stockers on. There's also the matter of the increase in caster you get from the cabs, perhaps that's to blame for some of the benefits as well.

Are offset poly inserts with stock lolipops a better option? Probably!
          Just my $.02 on the matter.

Hope you end up loving the way your new setup handles as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Delraco View Post
            Hope you end up loving the way your new setup handles as much as I have enjoyed mine.
            Have indeed! e30 picnic was a blast. See now why offset bushing are the way to go, stable high speed turns, and cruse's nice on the freeway at 85.

Comment

Working...
            X