Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so we lost our coolant overflow tank last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so we lost our coolant overflow tank last night...

made it work anyway :D

it runs!

Any idea why our driveshaft would be 3/8" too long with funk-like mounts? It's pulling forward on the rubber engine mounts and I'm not really liking it. I backed off the collar on the driveshaft, the CSB is all the way back, but the front of it's still a bit too long... ('87 eta big guibo DS)
    cars beep boop

So DS is hooked up and bolted on the tranny but that position is making the engine sit
    too far forward?

Comment

yup, that's accurate. The mounts were made in a jig that funk mounts bolt up to, and funk mounts are supposedly ok with the eta DS...

We'll try to get the driveshaft out and play with the splines, maybe. It might be dirty and not collapsing, or something.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Have you tried elongating the holes on the csb flange abit more to lesson the strain on the engine mounts??

Do the gearbox mounts look the same?

Also, the splined section of the tailshaft is after the csb so I don't think freeing it up is going to help much.
        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Have you tried elongating the holes on the csb flange abit more to lesson the strain on the engine mounts??

Do the gearbox mounts look the same?

Also, the splined section of the tailshaft is after the csb so I don't think freeing it up is going to help much.
          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

The csb is flexible inside, so if the driveshaft was able to collapse, the csb would beend to accomodate this slightly. Good call on elongating the csb holes, we'll see if that also helps.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
            X