Got another driveshaft question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got another driveshaft question.

I'm a little confused here. I got my tranny, as mentioned in another thread I posted, and I also got my driveshaft. The driveshaft should be from a 535i. Well, I haven't really tried anything out with it yet, but I have noticed that it is SHORTER than my 318i's manual tranny driveshaft. The rear flanges are the same, and of course the guibos are different. Seeing as how the 535i driveshaft is shorter, namely the front portion, would anyone know how this going to affect the install? Is this too short of a driveshaft? Can I just use half of one driveshaft and half of the other like it says on jaredsquires.com? Are these 318 driveshafts the same as those found on the 325i's? I guess I'm really asking a lot of you guys here, but I'm just trying to save myself some time and trouble. ;)

Well, it seems as though there is very little to no difference between the 318 and 325 driveshafts. The M30 shaft and M10 shafts work together to create a shorter driveshaft. Just in case anyone cares or was wondering that is...

Comment

On the E30's the rear sections are all the same length so you just need the front one that is long enough.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

So, I'm pretty much good to go then. Except that I forgot about those two white dots, but nothing is tightened or even on the car for that matter. So, no big deal there.

On a side note after reinforcing my tranny crossmember I had to drill some holes this morning. Started up the drill press, ran for like half a second, and just bogged down and wouldn't turn. So, I shut it off. I'm like WTF?!? So, I start to lift up the top on the press, and I notice something moving in there! So, I'm like, "Oh, damn! There's a bloody snake in there!". It got caught up between the belt and the pulley and stopped the motor from turning. It of course still being quite a bit alive. I decided to end it's suffering. ;) So, I opened the top again just enough to let it stick it's head out a little. I grabbed a pair of garden shears and let him have it, but wait. The shears were way too dull to cut. They basically just crushed it's neck a bit. So, I go and get a knife and while I'm holding it still with the garden shears and I slash with the knife and put that little wrist snap at the right moment. The head goes flying onto the bench, and I get a little blood on my face. :twisted: Well, anyways. That's enough of that. Hope someone enjoys the story anyways.

Comment

Working...
        X