Where is my fitting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is my fitting??

I am quite confused, and I can't really believe I have not noticed this before. I am sure that you all know of the fitting on the driver's side of the intake manifold of a newer model M30 for the brake booster hose to fit on. Well, mine doesn't even have a hole. There is a "block" where this fitting would be installed. I really don't want to drill out a hole, tap it, and put a fitting in there. I'm afraid of getting some metal shavings in there that I can't get out. I also really don't want to pull the intake manifold back off either. Can I put a tee in somewhere and use a piece of hose to run over to my other hose and splice them together, or would it be better to just run a longer hose all the way over to a tee? I would post pics of what I mean, but I don't know how to on here.

You are going to have to drill, You need to get the vacume from the Engine side of the throttle body and there is nothing there that could be tapped into. The latter m30's have 2-different manifolds one with the fitting and one without. I have one with the fitting if you want to swap manifolds out. But I'd pull it off either way to drill or to swap.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

You are going to have to drill, You need to get the vacume from the Engine side of the throttle body and there is nothing there that could be tapped into. The latter m30's have 2-different manifolds one with the fitting and one without. I have one with the fitting if you want to swap manifolds out. But I'd pull it off either way to drill or to swap.

Comment

What about the hose going to the ICV? Could I tap into that, or will that affect my idle? What about some type of electric vaccuum pump that I could mount somewhere under the hood?

Comment

Oh ya duh, I forgot about the ICV. I would just worry that if you pumped the brakes while stopped it would drop the idle, I'd assume the ICV would then open more to keep the idle steady.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. I mean the '89 735i this engine came out of HAD to have had vacuum assisted brakes. Although, I don't really think it was hooked up with a tee between the manifold and ICV, cuz I've got that hose that came with the motor. So, that is why I am SO puzzled as to where they had the hose hooked up before. I mean it's the same difference no matter where the hose is hooked up, right? The vacuum is all coming from the same intake manifold no matter where the hoses are hooked up as long as they're on the engine side of it. The E32's didn't use an electric vacuum pump did they? Cuz I'm just not seeing where they could have had it hooked up before.

Comment

Working...
            X