LNF Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LNF Swap

So I have been thinking about swaps outside of the S50/M50 with similar levels of power but less weight... One idea I had is going to an GM LNF motor (The turbo motor in the Sky Redline and Solstice GXP) as it is very light weight and easily modded.

I have yet to do any research on the MegaSquirt side but I imagine this is a very feasible swap.

they respond well to tunes too. megasquirt 2 or 3 will work for you. or a factory pcm with an hp tuners programmer. i chose to go with a gm v6 for my swap lol.

Comment

LNF has direct injection and variable cam phasing... I dont think MegaSquirt can handle that.

Comment

hptuners had it on my cavalier
        84' 318i m30b35 swapped!

Comment

Having Fun with E85

Comment

Originally posted by murky024 View Post
            so i have been thinking about swaps outside of the s50/m50 with similar levels of power but less weight...
            m54
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              LNF has direct injection and variable cam phasing... I dont think MegaSquirt can handle that.
              For some odd reason I thought MS-III could but maybe I am making that up. My concern with stock computer is getting other items to work where as with MS it wouldn't be a problem...

First things first is I need to get room in my garage for the 2nd E30. Then I need to convince my wife to allow me to get a 2nd...

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                Looks right you are correct. The EcoTechs I all read about running MS3 were not DI. I guess I will have to run GM stuff if I decide to go the LNF route.

Comment

Working...
                X