Is it possible to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to...

not use a flex-disc/guibo? After getting my engine and tranny pushed back far enough I have basically the thickness of the guibo that is keeping the driveshaft from bolting up. What side effects would this have? How badly would it stress the u-joints in the driveshaft? Any more than usual, or not really any different? Oops, almost forgot to mention that I am doing the M30 swap for those of you who do not already know that.

Just ask another M30 guy what driveshaft he used. Maybe you have the wrong one??

Comment

Nah, it's not that. I took the e34 shaft and my 318i shaft, put them together, and it made a nice short driveshaft, but still just not quite short enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Operator62
        Nah, it's not that. I took the e34 shaft and my 318i shaft, put them together, and it made a nice short driveshaft, but still just not quite short enough.
        You're the one that bought my m30 kit right?

Comment

Nope, I almost did, but then decided I needed to spend the money on other things. Ultimately, I decided to go ahead with the swap, but you had already sold the kit to someone else, who also lives here in Tennessee. I went out and found all the parts I needed separately. Kind of a pain in the ass, but oh well.

Comment

Working...
          X