my first m30 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first m30 swap

Yo what up I'm Reshard and I'm doing my first m30 swap. And I'm new to the forum and just need some advice on some things. Now I have been doing a lot of reading about the swap. Now where can I find some good motor mounts for my swap.I know that I can use any transmission from the 5,6 or 7 series but which would be the best choice. I got motor from the local salvage yard for 185$ with the complete wire harness.I to clean the motor up a lot what would be the best choice of degreaser to clean. I do have some heavy duty degreaser. I still getting all the parts for the swap. I'm having my first kid so I want to take my time with this swap so first I just give the motor a good cleaning and do a full inspection from top to bottom. Any advice on how to give a thorough cleaning will be appreciated.:)
    Last edited by ilovemybmw; 12-30-2011, 11:23 PM.
    I Am That Guy

:Dhe some pic of the motor Click image for larger version

Name:	m30b35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	7139121

Click image for larger version

Name:	tn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	7139122
    I Am That Guy

Comment

Take stuff off, clean everything, install new gaskets/hoses. Order a top end gasket kit.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

here the wire harness
        Attached Files
        I Am That Guy

Comment

Looks like a b35, PM Otis (good & tight) here on r3v, he makes mounts.

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Just need to know what size bolt to put the motor on the engine stand. I didn't get the trannie bolt if u can help thanks bro
            I Am That Guy

Comment

I just seen his car on youtube that thing is a beast thats what I want to do.
              I Am That Guy

Comment

Can any one can tell what size bolts I need to put my motor on the engine stand.So I can start my clean up on the motor. thanks
                I Am That Guy

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemybmw View Post
                  Can any one can tell what size bolts I need to put my motor on the engine stand.So I can start my clean up on the motor. thanks

i drill it to 10mm......e30.de mounts have 100 mm holes also..:D

Comment

I don't want drill it out. I just need to know what size the tranny bell houseing bolts if some one can i been search A LOT and i cant find any thing thanks
                    I Am That Guy

Comment

Go on realoem.com and you'll find what your looking for. Good choice on the m30 swap btw I wish I woulda went that route in the beginning
                      Originally posted by blunttech
                      r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Grade 5 or Grade 8 metric bolts and washers:

1 @ M8x70
                        2 @ M8X35
                        3 @ M10x75
                        1 @ M10x35-8.8
                        3 @ M8x50
                        1 @ M8x60

Comment

thank bro for the info
                          I Am That Guy

Comment

I just got some fuel injectors today from a friend. heres a pic of how they look. today. Im goin to start some cleaning up on the motor.:p
                            Attached Files
                            I Am That Guy

Comment

Did you swap the stock discharge with 4 pintle injectors?

Comment

Working...
                              X