Flipped throttlebody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flipped throttlebody

Finally got my manifold welded up to put the throttle body on the opposite side.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the costs were about $16 for the 3" 90degree cast aluminum bend off ebay. $18 for a 12X12 inch 1/4 thick sheet of 6061 aluminum off ebay. And $50 to get it all welded together. If it doesn't rain this weekend ill hopefully get it put on. Still need to drill a hole for my brake booster line fitting and try and find a squirrley hose to attach to the original icv port or drill a new one, which i'd rather not do.
    89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Great! Post some pictures up once you get it installed.

Welds look a little rough to me, but it was cheap, and it's going to work so no matter.
    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

So I was able to get the intake manifold in this saturday. It was harder than I was hoping it was going to be. Had to partially remove the brake master cylinder and the brake booster to be able to pull the manifold far enough off the studs. I also had to remove the heater core inlet and outlet hoses.

Now I gotta figure a hose situation for my IAC, lenghten my TPS wires and figure a new way to mount my throttle cable. Figure a new intercooler routing to the throttle body.

Atleast now it's mostly the way I want it and I have easier access to the ugly wiring mess and I can cover it up after prettying it up some more.

89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

Looks pretty trick. I need a boosted M30E30 one day.
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Working...
        X