M50 or S50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 or S50?

Hi. Newbie here in the planning phase for a swap for my Jewelz. 1986 325e. I reside in the North Dallas area and was wondering what price range should I expect to spend for an M50B25 (92 e34 525i/92 e36325i) or S50B30US (e36 M3 93-95)?

In terms of difficulty of swap and performance, should I look into an M50TUB25 or are they more complicated due to the VANOS system added?

I've never done anything this mechanically complex and I'll probably need a lot of help with advice and suggestions to complement my research.

Anyone has one of those engines "in good condition" laying around by chance, PM please.
    Last edited by undercover911; 02-18-2012, 09:21 PM.

1986 e30 325e

Mostly boat anchors being swapped into e30's here.

You'll want this section of the forum for your question:

///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Que the dueling banjo's. You've crossed into m30 territory asking 24v questions. Best paddle faster :p

Really though, go into the other sub-forum. There's lots of info about those kinda swaps there
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. Didn't realized I knocked at the wrong door.

1986 e30 325e

Comment

Working...
        X