Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any thoughts on this once piece chromoly driveshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any thoughts on this once piece chromoly driveshaft?

Probably going to be picking one of these up since my rear u joint went out...need to email them and ask them what the length of the drive shaft is when it is fully compressed and when it is fully extended.

Matt

My thought is that's way too fuckin expensive, just pull an 87 super eta shaft from a junkyard, or find one online. I paid like $150 shipped, tops, and it bolted right in
    '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Thingtwö View Post
      Probably going to be picking one of these up since my rear u joint went out...need to email them and ask them what the length of the drive shaft is when it is fully compressed and when it is fully extended.

Matt
      What is your intention with your car?
      Are you planning on making mad tyte power or just want to replace your failing stock d-shaft?

If its the latter then i say run to Grand Prairie and pick up a used one for like $50 and be on your way.

If its the former then I say screw that shaft and get a local place to make you a custom shaft for like $200 or less.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
        What is your intention with your car?
        Are you planning on making mad tyte power or just want to replace your failing stock d-shaft?

If its the latter then i say run to Grand Prairie and pick up a used one for like $50 and be on your way.

If its the former then I say screw that shaft and get a local place to make you a custom shaft for like $200 or less.
        mild tyte power yo. where would you get one built for $200? i called driveshaft king and they quoted me $400 just to put a new u-joint on it. the best deal i found was shipping it to http://www.drivelinesinc.com/ in cali. i havent checked shipping costs yet but the rebuild cost is more of what i was looking for

Comment

Working...
        X